Monday, August 11, 2014




----Homeward bound

Sunday Aug. 10, 2014


New planting of hundreds of sunflowers, it should look beautiful in another couple of weeks

Had a good night's sleep and started to gather my stuff together....Ibis is a nice hotel, reasonable rates, clean, free shuttle.....but morning coffee....3 Euro for 1/2 of coffee..that didn't even taste good!!!

Shuttled to the airport and had breakfast then went to find Icelandair......not open at 10:30 but already about 30 people in line ahead of me.....they are 2 flights leaving for Reykjavik within 5 minutes of each other one at 1:55 and one at 2:00....  They opened at 11:00 for service and I was through by 11:20 talking to a nice family from Edmonton who have been traveling for a month and now heading home too.  

Then off to find my gate......first through customs......then walk and walk walk....then through another customs and then security and then walk and walk and walk some more.....I wish I had the GPS on to clock the distance .....I'm thinking at least 2 km!

They are upgrading the terminal (hoping it will cut down on some of the walking!)  The upgrades I think are trying to look/feel like the Singapore airport (which I love)......

A library

A grand piano and lounge/TV area

A Delft cup to sit in....

a teapot for kids to watch movies
Forest sounds

Charge your device with pedal power!

Science stuff for kids and adults
A plane on the roof of the terminal to wave to friends leaving or just watch planes


The flights from Amsterdam to Iceland and then Iceland home  was uneventful....met some nice people on the plane.  Cam, Cassidy and Gus met me in Vancouver with a great supper....it was about 7:00pm  (3am Amsterdam time) and stayed for a visit until they saw I was fading fast.  Finally got to bed at about 10 and slept until 6am......Definately glad to be home......but already thinking of my next adventure!

The last windmill!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment